By Markham J. Geller
- Represents the 1st evaluation of Babylonian drugs using cuneiform resources, together with files of courtroom letters, scientific recipes, and commentaries written via historic scholars
- Attempts to reconcile the ways that drugs and magic have been related
- Assigns authorship to varied kinds of clinical literature that have been formerly thought of anonymous
- Rejects the technique of alternative students that experience tried to use glossy diagnostic the way to old illnesses
Read Online or Download Ancient Babylonian Medicine: Theory and Practice (Ancient Cultures) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Accomplished and punctiliously up to date, this quantity deals a new research of the Vestal Virgins’ ritual functionality in Roman faith. venture a close and cautious research of historic literary assets, Wildfang argues that the Vestals’ virginity needs to be understood on a number of diversified degrees and offers an answer to the matter of the Vestals’ ordinary criminal prestige in historic Rome.
This ebook offers a state of the art debate in regards to the origins of Athenian democracy via 5 eminent students. the result's a stimulating, severe exploration and interpretation of the extant facts in this fascinating and demanding subject. The authors handle such questions as: Why was once democracy first discovered in historic Greece?
In Social Mobility in overdue old Gaul, Allen Jones explores the placement of the non-elite residing in Gaul through the overdue 5th and 6th centuries. Drawing specially on facts from Gregory of excursions' writings, he formulates a social version in line with humans of all ranks who have been appearing in ways in which have been socially helpful to them, reminiscent of combining assets, serving at courtroom, and collaborating in ostentatious spiritual ambitions, akin to construction church buildings.
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Christian Origins, Volume 1 (People's History of Christianity)
- The Travels of Leo of Rozmital through Germany, Flanders, England, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy 1465-1467 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Die sieben Metalle der Antike: Gold, Silber, Kupfer, Zinn, Blei, Eisen, Quecksilber.: Beiträge zur Technikgeschichte (5) (German Edition)
- Die Konstantinische Wende (German Edition)
Additional info for Ancient Babylonian Medicine: Theory and Practice (Ancient Cultures)
Ancient Babylonian Medicine: Theory and Practice (Ancient Cultures) by Markham J. Geller